Sunday, January 1, 2012

12 Months of Scripture

Crystal Lewis is one of my favorite christian recording artists. I recently started following her on Twitter (@thecrystallewis) and now I am also following her blog (crystallewis.blogspot.com). I love her idea for the new year to pick and memorize one scripture for the month. She invited her followers to share their scripture with her on her blog.

I picked 2nd Peter 1 5-8 as my scripture for January.

...add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness.

And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

For if these things are in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I also want to share Crystal's scripture for January which is an awesome scripture to start the new year.

1st Timothy 6 11-12

...and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold of eternal life...

These scriptures will be my mantra for January.

No comments:

Post a Comment